Museum of Applied Arts

The Museum of Applied Arts was established in 1872 as the third such museum in Europe. From the very first moment of its birth the palace gave rise to heated debates.

Its significance in the trend of the international Art Nouveau as well as in the oeuvre of Lechner is by now unquestionable fact. In it, the harmony of function with the high artistic level of mass formation and the individual decorating style were served by the most modern static structures. The colourful dome with its cladding of Zsolnay ceramics has been alluring to people from a great distance, while the open portico of the main entrance with its fairyland ornaments has been and still is enticing the passers by for a visit.


Address: 1091 Budapest, Üllői út 33-37
Phone number: +36 (1) 4565100
Fax: +36 (1) 2175838
Email: muzeum@imm.hu
Contact: Ms Erika Koncz
Position: acting director
Type of spot: Museum
Location: downtown
Wheelchair accessible: partially
Parking possibility: Public parking
Technical equipment: CD player, digital camera, Platform, lighting technique, amplification system, Internet access, screen, air-conditioning, projector, computer, television, wireless microphone, video recorder
Catering facilities: buffet service
Other facilities: We do not have an own catering service.


Conference room

Name Theater Banquet Classroom Reception U-shape Size
Gallery       350   700 m2
Main Hall       420   520 m2